Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Woman to Remember


Jacqueline Kennedy

A woman of poise, class, and honor. She is obviously the topic of the day. Mrs. Jackie Kennedy possessed all of the qualities that I hope to find in myself one day. Let me list a few.
  • Born and raised in New York, spent early years in East Hampton
  • Hired as a photographer for The Washington Times-Herald
  • Wrote an autobiography
  • And most importantly, she was a book editor the last 20 years of her life
Needless to say, Mrs. Kennedy had quite the track record. She completed many things throughout her life that I hope to eventually cross off my bucket list. Having a book published, living in New York, working for a newspaper, and having a beautiful family are a few examples. I mean come on, just look at that picture! She is wearing pearls and white gloves. I would do anything to be able to dress just like her. Her personality matched her refined style with ease. 

To sum it up, I admire Mrs. Kennedy for the elegant and confident woman she was. She set a very high standard for the succeeding first lady's, and all other women after her. She has all of the qualities I hope to have as a grown woman. You can call me Miss Jackie ;)

“There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.” - Jacqueline Kennedy
      
Word of the day:

Ancilla
n: an aid to achieving or mastering something diffcult 




2 comments: