Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Singing in the Rain

Call me emo, but I love the rain.


Don't get me wrong, I do love the Carolina blue sky. But there's just something about overcast clouds that give me comfort.


I feel compelled to start dancing and singing everytime I carry my umbrella. One of those moments where you expect everyone to break out into random song and choreographed dance.


But it's a beautiful thing really, to look outside your window and watch the raindrops cascade onto the ground below. Hearing thousands of tiny drops hit the bedroom window with such gentle knocks can put anyone to sleep.


This blissful gift falling from the sky isn't always so kind. A sweet little raindrop can turn into a horrendous thunderstorm when a little bit of unstable air and humidity collide.


The tiny drops hitting windows suddenly morph into a monstrous monsoon, drenching everything in its path. Along with the flood comes angry thunder and lightning. Lighting up the night sky after every heart pounding boom.


These treacherous thunderstorms do not last forever, nor does the gentle rain. So instead of complaining about the dreary weather, throw on your rain boots and jump in some puddles.










Word of the day:


bathetic
adj: characterized by triteness or sentimentalism

1 comment:

  1. I only like when it rains when I can lay in bed all day! lol!

    And I love your word of the day feature! :P I'm in school for communication/journalism too!


    www.beautyblogxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete